Saturday, November 3, 2012

Brazilian Keratin Treatment

Sooooo....yesterday (11/2) I went ahead and got my Brazilian Keratin Treatment done (woohoo!). I wanted to share my experience with my followers because...well...I don't know! Maybe it'll help someone?! Haha. Anyway...moving forward. First off, let me explain what the brazilian keratin treatment is *switches page to go to google's search bar* ahem, it is- also called Brazilian Keratin TreatmentBKTBrazilian BlowoutEscova ProgressivaKeratin Cure or Keratin Straightening) are a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a flat iron. There are rumors of it being unsafe, but I know formula's have changed and what-not so do your own research and make your own decision. This is my second time having this done, and I obviously didn't die the first time. (: This lasts about 5 months depending on how well you take care of it and the cost of it depends on your hair type, length, and texture (mine was 250$), using sulfate free products and keeping your hair as healthy as possible really helps. I don't recommend this for everyone, my hair is curly, frizzy, BIG, unmanageable, BIG, damaged, and BIG. If your hair is none of the above listed, then this probably isn't for you. The process is really simple, the stylist washes and blow dries your hair. Then she sections it into tiny sections to begin applying the product until the hair is completely saturated. After that she blow dries the hair again, and flat irons it to seal the deal. The WORST part about the entire experience is the fact that I can't wash my hair for FOUR days because the product needs to sit and penetrate. I'm currently on day 2, I can't put any clips or pins in my hair and to avoid denting, I'm sleeping on a satin pillow case. My hair feels AMAZING. Its soft, silky, and super duper shiney. I went from wash-n-fro to wash-n-go. I don't really have much more to say other then its awesome and that I'll post pictures time to time to update everyone on my progress with it! Here's a pic from earlier, excuse my face, I had just finished work and shopping but let me tell you my hair is NEVER that shiney. Its normally very dull and yucky looking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment